Specialities - Corn Gluten Meal
Corn Gluten Meal (CGM) is a protein rich product produced during the wet milling of maize to produce corn starch, glucose syrups or other starch derivates. The starch, germ and bran are removed from the maize kernel and what remains is a protein rich product. The protein content of CGM is approx. 60% and it is low in fiber and ash. CGM is an excellent product to increase the protein content in diets.
Benefits of CGM
• The protein digestibility of CGM for dogs is very good.
• CGM is a good source of essential amino acids, like methionine. The lysine content of CGM is rather low, so a mixture with other protein rich products is needed to give a balanced amino acid profile in a diet.
• CGM is also rich in vitamins and xanthophylls such as zeaxanthin and lutein. Xanthophylls are used in diets for chickens for pigmentation of the skin, fatty tissues and egg yolk.
• CGM can be used to partly replace animal-based proteins like fishmeal in aquafeed.
• CGM is also used as a binder to help dry pellets keep its shape.
For more information about Corn Gluten Meal, contact our sales team.
Specialities - Cornsteep
Cornsteep (concentrated Corn Steep Liquor - CSL) is a co-product produced during the processing of corn into starch, gluten and oil. The liquid in which the maize kernel is steeped, is separated and concentrated. Cornsteep contains the soluble fraction of the maize kernel like soluble proteins and minerals. Cornsteep dry is the same product but dried.
Both Cornsteep liquid and Cornsteep dry can be used as an attractant for bait by sport fishermen. It is used to soak boilies, particles or pellets or it can be used as an additive in boilie mixes. Especially Cornsteep liquid can also be used as a pallet binder in compound feed and also gives it a light cereal colour. For more information about Cornsteep, please contact our sales team.